Magento is the world’s leading ecommerce platform, handling over $100 billion in gross merchandise volume (GMV) every year. It offers the industry’s lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), was named a leader in Gartner’s 2017 Magic Quadrant for digital commerce, and was rated the #1 platform in the 2017 Internet Retailer U.S. Top 1000.
Magento offers many benefits to ecommerce sellers, but there are some things you should know so you’re ready to sell on this marketplace platform. You also need to integrate Magento with SAP Business One to maximize sales and create an efficient workflow. This article will walk you through what you need to know to get started with Magento and SAP Business One integration.
The pros and cons of Magento
Magento offers many benefits to sellers:
- It is an open-source ecommerce platform.
- Flexibility and customization options let you tailor your store to your needs.
- It scales easily as your business grows.
- Monthly subscriptions are not required, and with different levels available, it is possible to get up and running at little to no cost.
- You can easily build a website based on one of thousands of themes provided.
- A shopping cart feature ensures payments are secure.
- Optimization for mobile devices is included.
- Magento’s SEO tools help you boost traffic.
- The option to integrate with third-party solutions lets you add more functionality beyond what is already available.
- A vast array of plugins and extensions are available and are continually being created so you can add more features to your online store without having to create them yourself.
There are still caveats to keep in mind:
- You need to have some technical knowledge if you want to customize.
- If your technical knowledge is limited, you will need to spend some extra time upfront getting set up.
- Sellers with very limited technical know-how may need to hire a developer to help them get started. This can cost anywhere from $100 – $250 per hour. The release of Magento 2 made the admin interface a bit friendlier for non-technical people, but developer assistance may still be necessary for novices.
- Magento runs on your server. You are responsible for upgrades and any server-related problems. Or you can work with a hosting partner to handle these issues, but it will add to your costs.
Why you need to integrate Magento and SAP Business One
You need to manage orders and inventory for your Magento store in both the Magento system and SAP Business One. Doing this manually is a waste of time and resources that can be better spent on value-added tasks such as marketing your store and exploring the plugins and extensions Magento offers. Manual data entry causes errors and slows down the fulfillment process.
If you deal with higher-volume orders or have items that are very limited in stock, real-time inventory updates into SAP Business One from Magento are essential to running a smooth operation. SAP Business One and Magento integration create an efficient workflow that gets orders tracked and filled quickly, creating a happy and loyal customer base.
Magento and SAP Business One integration has traditionally been done by consultants. Engagements can last for weeks and even months, and the price tag can run into the thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. As your needs change, more consulting is required to update your integration.
Mid-size businesses simply cannot afford these expensive engagements, and they need to be up and running now.
How you can integrate Magento and SAP Business One today
Alluvia makes SAP Business One and Magento integration possible in minutes – without any consultants. Here’s how:
- You can use a simple interface with pre-built Magento templates to set up Magento and SAP Business One integration in a few clicks. As you grow your Magento business, the intuitive design makes it easy for you to make any changes to your integration on your own.
- Automatic updates keep your connection up to date, so if Magento requirements change, your integration (and business) continues to run smoothly.
- A cloud-based solution removes the need for software and IT maintenance while keeping your data secure and accessible 24/7.
- A very low setup fee and monthly payments as low as $100 means SAP Business One integration does not break the bank. You can also cancel at any time.
The process really is simple. Drag-and-drop mappings deliver integration in minutes.
Integration is necessary if you want to maximize profits and increase sales. High-priced, lengthy consulting engagements for integration are a thing of the past. Alluvia has developed a tool that lets medium and even small businesses operate at enterprise-level efficiency.